2018 Snake Day at Elachee
A Festival of All Things Reptilian
Get up close and personal with creatures that slither and crawl at the 26th Annual Snake Day at Elachee. This seasonal nature education festival is a family-friendly favorite. Snake Day showcases nearly two dozen regional herpetological experts who entertain audiences with live demonstrations of exotic species of snakes, alligator, lizards, turtles, tortoises, toads and frogs.
Date: Saturday, September 8, 2018
Time: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Admission: $10 Per Person (2 years and older),
$5 Per Elachee Member
Pay at the Gate
FREE Shuttles to/from Designated Parking Areas
Snake Day 2018 Exhibitors
Elachee welcomes the following exhibitors, with more to come!
- Clint Eller – “Those Reptile Guys”
- Georgia Herpetological Society (multiple exhibits)
- Georgia Reptile Adventures – David Burke
- Georgia Reptile Society (multiple exhibits)
- Johnny Hester – Venomous Snakes of Georgia
- Bryan Hudson – “Project Pine Snake”
- Jefferson Middle School Students – Interactive “Snake Habitats” Program
- Jim Seymour – Scalebrations
- University of Georgia Herpetological Society
- University of North Georgia – Box Turtle Study (Jennifer Mook, Ph.D.)
- Martin Valentine – “Snake Train” Debuted at Snake Day 2017!
- Dandy Don’s Cotton Candy & Popcorn
- Dickey’s Barbeque Pit (Flowery Branch)
- Frozen Frenzee
- Hot Dog Ninja
Other Festival Highlights
At this action packed festival, paid admission allows guests to also take guided hikes, visit Elachee’s live animal exhibits, make reptile-related crafts and get faces painted! While at Elachee, browse the Nature Shop for a souvenir and snag Snake Day t-shirts for the family!