Top Things to Do at Elachee
Experience the wonders of our interactive exhibits and recreation areas, or simply find a quiet spot to watch nature while you relax and breathe! No Dogs or Pets Permitted per the Chicopee Woods Area Park Commission EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2021
Elachee Attractions HOURS / ADMISSION / PARKING FEE
Tour the Elachee Visitor Center and Grounds OUR FACILITIES
Please note: restroom access available only when the Elachee Visitor Center is open. HOURS
- Explore the Exhibit Halls to enjoy the natural history and ecology exhibits. LEARN MORE
- Meet snakes, turtles and other species in our Live Animal Exhibit. LEARN MORE
- Witness Live Bee Hives and view interpretive panels in the Pollinator Pass Exhibit.
- Observe a rehabilitated (non-releasable) Great-Horned Owl in the Outdoor Aviary. LEARN MORE
- Enjoy playing with your little ones along the paved, stroller-accessible Storybook Trail (on the Geiger Trail).
- See what’s growing in the Elachee Nature Academy’s Gardens That Teach.
- Set out on the 0.75-mile Ed Dodd Self-Guided Trail to see the diverse forest and topography of the Nature Preserve.
- Explore the E-House, a solar-powered energy conservation demonstration building.
- Study plants in interpretive garden exhibits along the Garden Trail including the Green Roof, Pollinator Meadow, Rain, Bee and Children’s Garden.
- Ponder nature’s wonders as you read inspirational words from famous naturalists, poets, philosophers and other nature observers featured on Nature Banners hanging along Elachee’s balcony.
- Marvel at the Student Pollinator Art imagined and painted by area children, from PreK through 12th Grade, on display around the Nature Center campus as part of Elachee’s long-term Georgia Pollinator exhibit.
- Examine a Pervious Parking Surface and Rain-water Collection System (overflow lot).
- Relax in the Picnic Area and the many Pavilions on the Visitor Center grounds.
- Pick out a gift at the Nature Shop.
- Borrow a Discover Nature Pack (English or Spanish – FREE check out) from the Nature Shop to help children in grades K-8 get the most out of their Elachee visit (subject to availability).
Visit the Chicopee Woods Aquatic Studies Center at Chicopee Lake to see osprey, beaver, otter and other wildlife from handicap-accessible, lake-front nature observation areas. No restrooms. LEARN MORE
Hike along 8 miles of trails throughout the Nature Preserve. Access trail heads from both the Visitor Center and Chicopee Lake. HIKING TRAILS