Top Things to Do at Elachee
Experience the wonders of our interactive exhibits and recreation areas, or simply find a quiet spot to watch nature while you relax and breathe!
Elachee Attractions HOURS / ADMISSION / PARKING FEE
Tour the Elachee Visitor Center and Grounds OUR FACILITIES
Please note: restroom access available only when the Elachee Visitor Center is open. HOURS
- Explore the Exhibit Halls to enjoy the natural history and ecology exhibits. LEARN MORE
- Meet snakes, turtles and other species in our Live Animal Exhibit. LEARN MORE
- Witness Live Bee Hives and view interpretive panels in the Pollinator Pass Exhibit.
- Observe a rehabilitated (non-releasable) raptor in the Outdoor Aviary. LEARN MORE
- Enjoy playing with your little ones along the paved, stroller-accessible Storybook Trail (on the Geiger Trail).
- See what’s growing in the Elachee Nature Academy’s Gardens That Teach.
- Set out on the 0.75-mile Ed Dodd Self-Guided Trail to see the diverse forest and topography of the Nature Preserve.
- Explore the E-House, a solar-powered energy conservation demonstration building.
- Study plants in interpretive garden exhibits along the Garden Trail including the Green Roof, Pollinator Meadow, Rain, Bee and Children’s Garden.
- Ponder nature’s wonders as you read inspirational words from famous naturalists, poets, philosophers and other nature observers featured on Nature Banners hanging along Elachee’s balcony.
- Marvel at the Student Pollinator Art imagined and painted by area children, from PreK through 12th Grade, on display around the Nature Center campus as part of Elachee’s long-term Georgia Pollinator exhibit.
- Examine a Pervious Parking Surface and Rain-water Collection System (overflow lot).
- Relax in the Picnic Area and the many Pavilions on the Visitor Center grounds.
- Pick out a gift at the Nature Shop.
- Borrow a Discover Nature Pack (English or Spanish – FREE check out) from the Nature Shop to help children in grades K-8 get the most out of their Elachee visit (subject to availability).
Visit the Elachee Aquatic Studies Center at Chicopee Lake to see osprey, beaver, otter and other wildlife from handicap-accessible, lake-front nature observation areas. No restrooms. LEARN MORE
Hike along 8 miles of trails throughout the Nature Preserve. Access trail heads from both the Visitor Center and Chicopee Lake. HIKING TRAILS