Adventure is Waiting
New student enrollment for 2021-2022 opens January 11, 2021. Get on the wait list to enroll early! Call 770-535-1976 to speak with the Director of Schools about enrolling your child or SEND A MESSAGE to schedule a tour.
Parents choose Elachee’s Nature Preschool to thoroughly prepare their young children for kindergarten.
Nature and science come alive for 3- and 4-year-old minds at Elachee’s Nature Preschool. We combine experiential learning with nature-based discovery to prepare young children for kindergarten. Children thrive from diverse readiness activities that contribute to their intellectual, social, as well as fine and gross motor development. A TYPICAL DAY / OUR CURRICULUM
Nature Preschool at a Glance 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR CALENDAR
- This nature school is fully-licensed through the Bright from the Start Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning. Elachee's Nature Preschool is the first and only fully-licensed nature-based preschool in the Southeastern U.S. accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS)/Cognia.
- We offer full- and part-time classes, Monday-Friday. Classes meet 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- We provide students with significant daily outdoor exploration.
- We have low teacher to student ratios, 1:6.
- We are the first and only fully-licensed, SACS-accredited nature preschool in the Southeastern U.S.
- We follow the Hall County School District’s academic year calendar for weather and holidays. ENA 2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR CALENDAR
- We offer extended care before/after school hours to accommodate working parents’ schedules.
- We are a private, tuition-based preschool managed and operated by Elachee Nature Science Center in Gainesville, Georgia. Launched in 2013, the Nature Preschool joins Elachee’s quality environmental education programming, a source of delight and inspiration since 1979.
Our Indoor Classroom
Located on the Elachee Nature Science Center campus, the Nature Preschool is in a self-contained, light-filled space designed to provide the best possible indoor environment for young children. The open concept invites children to engage in center time for creative and cooperative learning or to find a private nook for quiet, independent play. A wall of windows overlooks the Chicopee Woods, bringing the outdoors into the classroom.
Our Outdoor Classrooms
- The dedicated Nature Playscape provides children a supervised opportunity to unleash their creativity and to dig, climb and roam as they build a connection to the natural world. Innovative features include a slide, boulder bordered sand pit, water pump log, building frame and log fort!
- Gardens That Teach are dedicated Children’s Garden planting areas that allow our preschool students to watch the fruits of their labor take root and flourish.
- Rain or shine, the highlight of each day at Elachee's Nature Preschool is guided exploration and play along the trails and in the streams of the 1,440-acre Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve and the grounds of the Elachee Nature Science Center campus.
See It to Believe It
Learn what other parents are saying about Elachee’s Nature Preschool. PARENT BUZZ
For more information or to schedule a tour, call the Elachee Nature Academy Director of Schools at 770-535-1976 or SEND A MESSAGE.