Why Nature School?
Having access to nature at an early age instills a sense of confidence that, in turn, helps young children solve problems without as much parent intervention. Elachee Nature Academy’s age-appropriate curriculum is designed to spark each student’s sense of wonder.
- Promoting age-appropriate academic concepts and practical understanding.
- Providing a supportive, safe learning environment to encourage discovery and experimentation.
- Offering sensory opportunities with live animals, natural objects, artifacts, trail games, outdoor exploration and creative arts activities.
- Stimulating cognitive growth and problem-solving skills through hands-on activities, games and discovery-learning in nature.
- Developing physical motor skills through active learning and play.
- Cultivating social skills and positive self-image through group play and cooperative learning.
- Nurturing self-expression, creativity and reflection.
- Instilling respect and appreciation for the natural world.
- Growing holistically benefiting from teaching philosophies that promote physical, social, emotional and intellectual wellbeing.
Elachee Nature Academy Discipline Policy
We use a positive discipline approach to behavior management – transforming conflict into a learning opportunity. This allows children to solve their own problems with the guidance and modeling of our experienced teachers. The result is children learn self-regulation that, in turn, integrates social/emotional learning and discipline.