The ideal candidate will lead quality environmental education programs for children and teens visiting on field trips. Responsibilities include on-site classroom teaching, experiential instruction on trail hikes and outreach programs.
- Average of 10- to 15-hours per week to conduct 3- to 4-hour programs. Elachee Naturalists are also asked to lead occasional evening or weekend programs.
- Salary starts at $10.00 per hour, based on experience.
- A college degree in education, science or a related field is preferred, and some previous college attendance is required.
- Experience in working with children is a must.
- Applicants subject to a Background Check, Driving Record Check and Drug Screening.
- Enthusiastically engage young minds in memorable and relevant nature encounters.
- Teach PreK-12 STEAM-based environmental curriculum that correlates with grade level Georgia Standards for Excellence (GSE) and the Gwinnett County Public Schools’ Academic Skills and Knowledge (AKS). DETAILS
- Ability to hike up to 1-2 miles in a variety of outdoor conditions.
- Ability to perform physical tasks, including light lifting.
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification preferred.
For consideration, please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Three (3) References
Mail or Email Package
Mail Completed Package to:
Elachee Nature Science Center
RE: Naturalist Position
2125 Elachee Drive
Gainesville, GA 30504
Email Completed Package to:
Subject Line: Naturalist Position Inquiry