Camp Elachee Counselor (Seasonal)
Be the one to help children unplug and connect with nature this summer. If exploring the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve while teaching children about nature, getting muddy and acting a bit goofy sounds like your dream job, then joining the Camp Elachee 2019 team may be the job for you!
- Required: Some college experience.
Preferred: Candidates pursuing a degree in Science, Elementary Education or a related field.
- Experience working with children, preferably in an outdoor and/or group setting.
- Enthusiastic, creative and proactive individual with a proven ability to develop and lead lessons, and conduct games and activities in a collaborative work setting.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsibility, patience, dependability, independence, initiative and a positive attitude.
- Candidates subject to a Background Check and Drug Screening.
- Physical Requirements: Candidates should be able to hike a minimum of two (2) miles per day on uneven terrain and to comfortably work outside for extended periods in the summer heat and rain.
- Create and implement engaging activities that also correlate with the theme for each camp week.
- Compile supply lists and submit them in advance to the Camp Elachee Director.
- Assist with opening and closing activities (such as songs, skits, and dances).
- Assist with daily set-up and clean-up tasks as assigned.
- Assist with after camp child care program as needed.
- Ensure all campers are in their correct group while maintaining exceptional adult supervision.
- Assume responsibility for safety of all campers and fellow staff members.
- Submit Incident Reports to the Camp Elachee Director in the designated time frame.
- Attend and participate in all planning and debriefing meetings.
- Be punctual, prepared and organized.
- Maintain appropriate communication with Elachee administration staff and as needed, parents.
- Wear appropriate clothing each day including suitable footwear, overall attire, and staff shirt (provided).
- Uphold the standards of Camp Elachee in all activities.
- Complete other additional duties as assigned by the Camp Elachee Director.
2019 Work Schedule
- Required Training: May 20-24, 2019
- Summer Camp: May 28, 2019 through July 26, 2019 (Monday-Friday)
We will observe Memorial Day, May 27 and Independence Day, July 4, 2019.
- Work Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday)
Counselors will be required to work occasional afternoons supervising the after camp child care program.
This is a paid, seasonal contract position offering $315-$355 per week. If selected for an interview, the Camp Elachee Director will discuss a specific pay rate, based upon previous work experience.
For consideration, please submit the following:
- Cover letter stating why you want to be a Camp Elachee Counselor.
- Three (3) Professional References
Must include reference’s Name, Title, Organization, Email, Phone.
Mail or Email Package
Mail Completed Package to:
Elachee Nature Science Center
ATTN: Mallory Pendleton, Camp Elachee Director
2125 Elachee Drive
Gainesville, GA 30504
Email Completed Package to email@example.com
Subject Line: Camp Counselor Position Inquiry