Camp Elachee Counselor (Seasonal)
It is now more important than ever to get kids unplugged and outdoors this summer at Elachee Nature Science Center.
If teaching children about nature, exploring the Chicopee Woods, getting sweaty and muddy, and acting a bit goofy sounds like your dream job, then consider joining us at Camp Elachee this upcoming summer!
- Required: Some college experience.
Preferred: Candidates pursuing a degree in Elementary Education or a science-related field
- Required: Age 18 or older.
- Candidates subject to a Background Check and Drug Screening.
- Prior or current experience working with children, preferably in an outdoor and/or group setting.
- Enthusiastic, creative, proactive individual with a proven ability to develop and lead lessons, games and activities in a collaborative work setting.
- Exhibit some or all of the following characteristics: leadership, responsibility, patience, dependability, independence, initiative and a positive attitude.
- Physical Requirements: Candidates must be able to hike a minimum of two (2) miles per day on uneven terrain and to comfortably work outside for extended periods in the summer heat and rain.
- Create and implement engaging activities for each camp week that also correlate with the respective week’s theme.
- Compile supply lists and submit them, in advance, to the Camp Elachee Director.
- Submit weekly lesson plans to the Camp Director each week for approval.
- Assist with daily set-up and clean-up tasks as assigned.
- Ensure all campers are in their correct group while maintaining exceptional adult supervision of campers.
- Submit Incident Reports to the Camp Elachee Director in the appropriate time frame.
- Attend and participate in all planning and debriefing meetings.
- Be punctual, prepared and organized.
- Maintain appropriate communication with the Camp Director, Elachee administration staff and as needed, parents.
- Wear appropriate clothing each day, including suitable footwear, overall attire and staff shirt (provided).
- Uphold the standards of Camp Elachee in all activities.
- Be flexible in a fast-paced, high energy and collaborative environment.
- Maintain all appropriate camp COVID-19 procedures and protocols, such as disinfecting schedules, reporting of symptoms, social distancing and mask wearing (when applicable).
- Complete other additional duties as assigned by the Camp Director.
2021 Work Schedule
- Required Training: May 24-28, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Successful CPR/First Aid Training Required
- Summer Camp Dates: May 31 through July 30, 2021* (Monday-Friday, 9 weeks) from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.*
*Hours for all 9 camp weeks not guaranteed and subject to enrollment numbers.
- Please note: this is a seasonal, paid contract position for Camp Elachee 2021.
For consideration, please submit the following:
- Cover Letter
- Three (3) Professional References
Must include reference’s Name, Position/Title, Organization, Email, Phone.
Mail or Email Package
Mail Completed Package to:
Elachee Nature Science Center
ATTN: Camp Elachee Director
2125 Elachee Drive
Gainesville, GA 30504
Email Completed Package to email@example.com
Subject Line: Camp Counselor Position Inquiry