Tax Dollars and Scholarships
October 16, 2020 (Gainesville, Ga.) – Elachee Nature Academy will join with Pay It Forward Scholarships to host a virtual information meeting for taxpayers and families Thursday evening, October 22, 2020.
Elachee Nature Academy is an approved school through the Pay It Forward Scholarships program. This virtual meeting is open to the public. Participants will learn how Georgia’s Qualified Education Expense Tax Credit program can support education efforts for young children at this accredited and licensed school that offers nature-based Preschool and Kindergarten-1st Grade programs.
Virtual Meeting Login In
DATE: Thursday, October 22, 2020
TIME: 6:30 p.m. (EST)
MEETING LINK: https://bok.webex.com/meet/csinnett
Who Should Join In?
- Individuals and business owners interested in learning how to ‘donate’ to help a young child receive financial aid to Elachee Nature Academy by applying for a 2021 Tax Credit as part of Georgia’s Qualified Education Expense Tax Credit Program.
- Families of young children interested in learning how to apply for scholarship funds to aid in sending their child(ren) to Elachee Nature Academy.
Topics to Be Covered
- How Georgia’s Qualified Education Expense Tax Credit Program works for taxpayers who want to donate and for families seeking student financial aid.
- Differences between Pay It Forward Scholarships versus other Student Scholarship Organizations (SSOs)
- Building the Elachee Nature Academy Scholarship Fund
- How families may apply for a student scholarship
- Expectations for 2021
- Encouraging your community to get involved
Elachee Nature Academy is a SACS/Cognia-accredited school, licensed through the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning’s Bright from the Start, offering Preschool and Kindergarten-1st Grade programs, managed and operated by Elachee Nature Science Center in Gainesville, GA.
Pay It Forward Scholarships provides scholarships for private pre-K through 12th grade students to attend any accredited private school in Georgia, giving families the freedom to choose the best educational environment for their child(ren). According to information posted on the organization’s web site, in 2021, Pay it Forward Scholarships will have access to $100 million dollars in Qualified Education Expense Tax Credits to distribute to Georgia taxpayers who donate a scholarship to any private Pre-K through 12 school of their choice in Georgia. Taxpayers will receive a dollar-for-dollar Georgia Qualified Education Expense Tax Credit OR a federal charitable deduction.