School Program Formats and Rates
Download 2019-2020 Rate Card
View Digital 2019-2020 Elachee School Programs Guide for PreK through Grade 12
Booking a Field Trip is as Easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Choose a topic. See GRADE-LEVEL PROGRAMS.
- Pick a program format from the options below.
- Request your preferred date(s)/time(s) by submitting Elachee’s online scheduling request or call 770-535-1976. An Elachee representative will follow-up to finalize your reservation.
Important Details for Parent Chaperones
- Parent Chaperone Fee: Elachee allows a maximum of three (3) parent chaperones to attend a field trip, per class. Each chaperone will pay a $5 program fee.
- Per Vehicle Parking Fee: For field trips to the Elachee Campus (Nature Center or Aquatic Studies Center at Chicopee Lake), all vehicles are subject to the Chicopee Woods Conservation Area parking fee of $5 per vehicle or $10 for 15-passenger vans and buses.
Best Time to Schedule Field Trip
Elachee’s interactive curriculum is available year-round! Plan ahead and book early. We take field trip reservations on a first-come basis. Many popular fall and spring dates book months in advance. Added benefits when booking a non-peak season field trip: Book a daytime field trip to Elachee in August, September, January or February to receive a 10-percent program fee discount.
Reserving Picnic Areas for Your Group
Your group is welcome to bring sack lunches and use one of Elachee’s picnic areas after your scheduled program. When submitting your Elachee Field Trip Scheduling Request, indicate if your group needs to reserve a picnic area for lunch. NOTE: Elachee does not provide food or beverages.
Choose a Field Trip Format
Schedule Your Field Trip GET STARTED
Elachee program formats available for School, Home School or Small Group field trips:
2-Hour Program: Teachers’ MOST Popular Choice!RATES: $12 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $175 Minimum
Enjoy a classroom presentation and hike in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve. Or, depending on the program, choose an outdoor program.
3-Hour Program: Ideal for more intensive topic explorations.RATES: $16 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $250 Minimum
Enjoy an extended classroom presentation and hike in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve. Other options, depending on the program, include an outdoor program or a combination of two (2) classroom presentations and a hike.
4-Hour Program: Best of both worlds, two programs in one.RATES: $18 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $275 Minimum
Students benefit from combining two separate 2-hour programs that include classroom presentations and hikes in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
Overnight at Elachee: Sleepover and studies for Elementary ages.RATES: $55 per participant (student or adult) – Requires a $750 Minimum. For groups of 15-30 students. Note: $5 per student for each additional hour of instruction. This is an action-packed, custom-designed 5-hour program with the added bonus of sleeping at Elachee! Breakfast and a snack are included.
1-Hour Program: Great for summer or after school group excursions.RATES: $8 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $100 Minimum
Stretch your legs and minds with an interpretive hike in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve, or choose a classroom program.
Elachee Aquatic Study Field Trip Options
Lake Lanier Aquatic Studies – Two Program Options!
Students climb aboard the Lake Lanier Aquatic Learning Center (LLALC) floating classroom, Chota Princess II, for a hands-on exploration of Lake Sidney Lanier. LEARN MORE
- 2-Hour LLALC Program
RATES: $16 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $320 Minimum
- 3-Hour LLALC Program
RATES: $20 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $400 Minimum
Title One schools are eligible for financial aid consideration for the LLALC program courtesy of Elachee’s program partner Chattahoochee Riverkeeper. Call Elachee for details, 770-535-1976.
We All Live Downstream – Custom Program/Aquatic Studies Combo
Elachee combines a custom-designed Outreach Program with a 3-hour Lake Lanier Aquatic Studies program and cruise aboard the Lake Lanier Aquatic Learning Center floating classroom, Chota Princess II.
- 3-Hour Program RATES: $22 Per Student, $5 Per Adult – Requires a $440 Minimum
Title One schools are eligible for financial aid consideration for this combination program, courtesy of Elachee’s program partner Chattahoochee Riverkeeper. Call Elachee for details, 770-535-1976.
Elachee Outreach Programs
Elachee in Your Classroom – A field trip on your school grounds!
Elachee’s talented and travel-tested instructors bring Georgia’s most extensive and exciting environmental education curriculum to your school. LEARN MORE
- DAY RATES: $150 per 1-Hour Program (2 Program Minimum), plus $0.65 per round-trip mile.
- EVENING RATES: $200 per 1-Hour Program (2 Program Minimum), plus $0.65 per round-trip mile.
Call 770-535-1976 or CONTACT US
- Weather: All programs take place rain or shine. Elachee plans alternative curriculum in the event of inclement weather.
- Reschedule/Cancel: You may reschedule your program (if space is available) or cancel up to four (4) weeks before your originally confirmed date without penalty.
- Late Cancellation Fee: Elachee will charge 50 percent (50%) of the scheduled program fee for cancellations without at least a four-week notice.