Elementary: Home School Program
First Wednesday Program Series: Grades K-5
The per student enrollment fee covers Elachee’s accredited 10-session program series that runs September 2019 through May 2020. For only $25 per monthly program session, your student will receive 25 hours of unique STEAM-based environmental instruction.
- $225 = Non-Member Per Student Enrollment Fee
- $200 = Elachee Member* Per Student Enrollment Fee
*Elachee Membership must be active at the time of enrollment and remain current through the full program series.
Home school students, ages 5 to 11 years in Kindergarten through 5th grade, engage in an exploration of Georgia habitats and ecosystems. Monthly programs take place September through May. Unless stated otherwise (*), programs are the first Wednesday of the month from 1:30-4 p.m., at Elachee Nature Science Center in Gainesville, Ga.
Presented in a small group setting, programs combine indoor/outdoor exploration utilizing the incredible resources of Elachee Nature Science Center in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve. Elachee’s innovative environmental programming covers many grade-specific math and science standards. Students enjoy learning experiences that delve into ecological relationships, water study, biology, physics and more!
2019-2020 Program Schedule, 1:30-4 p.m.
- Sep 4, 2019: Chicopee Woods Fish
- Oct 2, 2019: Naturalized vs. Native Species of Plants & Animals (Joro and Micrathena Spiders)
- Nov 6, 2019: *Fall Birding Count (Program at Chicopee Lake DIRECTIONS)
- Dec 4, 2019: Rocks and Minerals on the Geology Trail
- Jan 8, 2020: *Tree Trail Trekking (Second Wednesday in January)
- Feb 5, 2020: Owl Prowling
- Mar 4, 2020: Spring Wildflower Mapping
- Apr 1, 2020: A Tale of Two Tortoises – Box Turtles and Gopher Tortoises of Georgia
- May 6, 2020: Stream Ecology