Stream Life is an Elachee Interactive Distance Learning Program.
Classify aquatic vertebrate and invertebrate animals, then conduct chemical tests to evaluate the streams of the Chicopee Woods.
GRADE LEVEL STANDARDS
- GSE – S4E3, S4L1, S5E1, S5L1, S5P1; AKS – S4-D, S5-B, D
- GSE – S7L1, S7L4; AKS – S7-B, F
- GSE – SEV1-5, AKS – ENV-B
Step 1: Login to ZOOM Meeting
Refer to the Elachee program confirmation email for the ZOOM login link details. Open link to connect with your Elachee Naturalist instructor for this program before starting video lesson.
Step 2: Launch Video
This lesson requires the Teacher/Scheduling Group Coordinator to pause the video three times (see below). During the pause, your Elachee Naturalist will join your group on screen via ZOOM for a discussion about the content in the segment your students just watched. See icons in the lower left corner of video progress bar for additional functions.
Stream Life Program Outline
VIDEO: CHAPTER 1
- Introduction to the rivers and watersheds of the different physiographic regions of Georgia, and the different ways to assess a stream.
CHAPTER 1 DISCUSSION with ELACHEE NATURALIST
Pause video at 07:11 to interact with your Elachee Naturalist.
VIDEO: CHAPTER 2
- Chemical testing: Dissolved Oxygen (DO) and pH tests.
CHAPTER 2 DISCUSSION with ELACHEE NATURALIST
Pause video at 21:40 to interact with your Elachee Naturalist.
VIDEO: CHAPTER 3
- Biological testing: Classifying and identifying macroinvertebrate animals, and stream sampling using seine and d-nets.
CHAPTER 3 DISCUSSION with ELACHEE NATURALIST
End video at 37:15 to interact with your Elachee Naturalist.
Stream Life is an original program created and provided by Elachee Nature Science Center, produced with assistance from Norton Aerial Media.
©2021 Elachee Nature Science Center, Gainesville, Georgia, USA – All Rights Reserved