Elachee Tree Day
Enjoy a Day with the Trees
“I speak for the trees for the trees have no tongues.” ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
- WHEN: Saturday, October 21, 2017 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- WHERE: Elachee Visitor Center, 2125 Elachee Drive, Gainesville, GA 30504
DIRECTIONS / MAP
Elachee offers a fabulous selection of deciduous and evergreen trees, and shrubs hardy up to Zone 5. These hard to find and favorite species are ideal for pollinators and wildlife. See selection listed below. All major credit cards accepted. PRESS RELEASE
Proceeds from the tree sale benefit Elachee Nature Science Center’s environmental education and conservation initiatives.
Special Guest Cancellation Notice: Unfortunately, Elachee’s scheduled special guest Mark Warren has fallen ill and will not be present during this event.
Want More Trees?
ADMISSION: $5 Per Person, FREE for Elachee Members
From 10 a.m. until 1 p.m., join Elachee Naturalists on guided tree identification hikes that will explore the unique eco-diversity of the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve, one of Georgia’s largest protected green spaces. Fee also covers admission to Elachee’s natural history and live animal exhibits.
Available Trees, Shrubs and Plants
All species are in 3 gallon pots unless otherwise noted.
- White dogwood
- Pink dogwood – 7 gallon
- Carolina Silverbell
- 2 Blueberry Varieties: ‘Blue Crop’ and ‘Patriot’
- Possumhaw viburnum
- ‘Blue Ice’ Cypress
- ‘Black Dragon’ Cryptomeria: 1-gallon
- ‘Fire Chief’ Arborvitae: 1-gallon
- Oakleaf Hydrangea
- Florida Anise
- 3 Native Azaleas Varieties: Yellow, Pink, Deep Peach
- Bottlebrush Buckeye: 1-gallon
- Red Buckeye: 5-gallon
- Mapleleaf Viburnum: 1-gallon
- Winterberry: male ‘Southern Gentleman’ and female ‘Winter Red’
- Red Twig dogwood: ‘Arctic Fire’
- Hydrangea arborescens ‘Indrediball’
- Purple Ornamental Kale
- White Ornamental Cabbage
- Pansies: ‘Light Blue’ and ‘Lemon Yellow’ in 4” pots