Raptor Fest 2020
Is a Hawk a buzzard or a vulture? Learn this and more at Elachee’s 6th Annual Raptor Fest.
Saturday, March 21, 2020 ... Rain or Shine
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
WHAT is Raptor Fest? This seasonal Elachee public nature program with live bird and animal encounters offers children, families and nature lovers the chance to learn about wild birds of prey.
ADMISSION: Pay at the Gate
- $10 Per Person (ages 2 and older)
- Elachee Members $5 Per Person
PARKING: FREE shuttles to/from designated parking areas
Exhibitors and Activities
Elachee Nature Science Center welcomes these birding experts to Raptor Fest 2020!
- Beth and John Thomson with Blue Ridge Raptors (Live Birds)
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center (Bio-Facts Interactive Exhibit)
- Georgia Department of Natural Resources at Smithgall Woods State Park (Creepy Crawlies Birds of Prey Program)
- AWARE Wildlife Center (Live Birds)
- Oconee Rivers Audubon Society (Bird-related Activities)
Special Guest Appearances
Planned family-friendly and children’s activities will delight, entertain and teach! Enjoy Elachee Naturalist-led hikes, face painting, crafts and other fun, interactive bird-related games!
Eat and Shop
- Hot Dog Ninja – food and beverages
- Frozen Frenzee – snow cones
- Elachee Nature Shop – buy souvenirs, children’s toys and plush animals, nature-themed gifts for friends, home and garden PLUS Elachee Annual Members get a discount on the entire purchase!
Become a Raptor Fest Event Sponsor:
Become a Raptor Fest Exhibitor: Call 770-535-1976