Raptor Fest 2019
Is a Hawk a buzzard or a vulture? Learn this and more at Elachee’s 5th Annual Raptor Fest.
Saturday, March 16, 2019 ... Rain or Shine
WHEN: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
WHAT is Raptor Fest? A seasonal Elachee public nature program with live bird and animal encounters giving children, families and nature lovers the chance to learn about wild birds of prey.
ADMISSION: Pay at the Gate
- $10 Per Person (ages 2 and older)
- Elachee Members $5 Per Person
PARKING: FREE shuttles to/from designated parking areas
Participating Experts and Birding Activities
- Wings to Soar – Dale Kernahan
- Georgia Mountain Falconry – Buster Brown
- Thomson Raptors – Beth Thomson
- Amicalola Falls Lodge – Heather Abercrombie
- Special Guest, Mark Warren – Primitive Naturalist and Author
- Bird Hike – Guided by Peter Gordon (Elachee to provide binoculars)
- Elachee Live Animal Exhibit “Exploration” offers guests the chance to learn about some organisms that birds eat.
- Face Painting – get cheeky with a masterpiece on your mug.
- Scavenger Hunt – find out what’s screeching and chirping around the Nature Center.
- Get Crafty – make a Bird Feeder, Toilet Paper Binoculars or a Paper Plate Bird
- “Angry Birds!” – engage in dialogue about the challenges and threats birds encounter through this fun, goofy activity based on the popular digital game.
- Fill-the-Bill – become acquainted with different kinds of beaks in this fun activity.
- Wing It – compare your “wingspan” with that of many different birds.
Eat and Shop
- Hot Dog Ninja – food and beverages
- Frozen Frenzee – snow cones
- Elachee Nature Shop – buy souvenirs, children’s toys and plush animals, nature-themed gifts for friends, home and garden PLUS Elachee Annual Members get a discount on the entire purchase!
Share the Fun
At the event, use Elachee’s Snapchat filter and an Instagram hashtag to post your Raptor Fest 2019 photos online.
Become a Raptor Fest Exhibitor or Sponsor