Seasonal Nature and Animal Encounters
Elachee’s Seasonal Education Programs SEE CALENDAR
Scroll Down for Recurring Programs: Stars Over Elachee and Elachee Science Nights.
January 1, 2020 – First Day Hike Free 3- and 5-mile guided hikes in Chicopee Woods.
January 18, 2020 – Birding by Boat Lake Lanier cruise to view winter migrants.
February 14-17, 2020 – The Great Backyard Bird Count Act as a citizen scientist to collect data on local wild birds for this online project.
- February 15, 2020 – Elachee Birding Hike at Chicopee Lake guided hike.
- March 7, 2020 – Elachee Bird Hike 3-mile guided hike.
- March 21, 2020 – 6th Annual Raptor Fest from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. General admission $10 per person ages 2 and up, $5 for Elachee Members.
- April 4, 2020 – Elachee First Quarter Hike guided 3-mile hike.
- April 11, 2020 – Elachee Trillium and Wildflower Hike guided 3-mile hike.
- April 18, 2020 – 10th Annual Trillium Trek Trail Run & Walk morning half-marathon or the 5K run/walk race along the Chicopee Woods trails. DETAILS
- May 9, 2020 – Atlanta Audubon Bird Fest 2020 Hike at Elachee (Limited Participation: register via Atlanta Audubon) guided 3-mile hike.
- September 12, 2020 – 28th Annual Snake Day festival of all things reptilian featuring exotic and native species from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. General admission $10 ages 2 years and up, Elachee Members $5.
- October 3, 2020 – Elachee Third Quarter Hike guided 3-mile hike.
- December 31, 2020 – Elachee Last Day Hike (New Year’s Eve) 3-mile guided morning hike.