Interactive Discovery and Animal Encounters
Please pardon our progress during exhibit renovation! We are enhancing the Elachee visitor experience and have reopened public access to the Live Animal Room exhibit. We are putting the finishing touches on our resident animal habitats, and completing renovations on the Gopher Tortoise exhibit during June 2019.
Exhibits at the Elachee Visitor Center
- Natural History Exhibit: Learn more about the history and living wonders of the Chicopee Woods.
- Live Animal Room: See snakes, turtles, frogs and a variety of other reptiles and amphibians (plus a tarantula!). ADOPT AN ANIMAL FRIEND
- Outdoor Aviary: Observe a red tailed hawk.
- Garden Trail: Stroll around the Nature Center grounds to study plants in six interpretive garden exhibits including the Green Roof, Pollinator Meadow, Rain, Bee and Children’s Garden.
- Trail of Trees: Along the Elachee Visitor Center balcony, identify tree 10 species with help from interpretative panels installed along the railing.
- Georgia Pollinator Exhibit: students from 30 area schools’ art programs, in PreK through 12th grade, imagined and painted murals of winged Georgia pollinators as part of this interpretive long-term exhibit.
- Bee Hives: Witness this pollinator ecosystem at work in the Mike and Robbie McCormac Pollinator Pass interpretive exhibit at Elachee. Take a seat in the peaceful Geiger Garden to watch the bees enter and exit the hives. Then walk inside the Visitor Center to view the demonstration hives buzzing with purposeful activity and learn about these valuable insects. READ MORE
Looking for a Home at Elachee
Future Plans: Into the Woods Interactive Exhibit
Elachee seeks a capital gift to bring to life this adaptive look at Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve that ushers the outdoors inside and will serve as an educational amphitheatre.
CONTACT US to learn how your gift may bring this exhibit "to life."