Discover, Learn and Play
Elachee is an education and recreation hub for students, families and nature lovers.
PARKING FEE: All vehicles entering and parking in the Chicopee Woods Conservation Area are subject to the Chicopee Woods Area Park Commission parking fee (effective February 1, 2018). Daily parking fee is $5 per vehicle or $10 for 15-passenger vans and buses. Or, purchase a $50 annual parking pass. LEARN MORE
Chicopee Woods Hiking Trails DETAILS ON TRAIL SYSTEM
- Trail Hours: Trails open daily to the public from 7 a.m. to sunset. Hikers may access trails from Elachee’s Visitor Center parking lot and overflow gravel lot, and the Elachee Aquatic Studies Center at Chicopee Lake.
- No Dogs Weekdays. See details and additional trail restrictions below.
- Pack It In. Pack It Out. Leave No Trace.
Elachee Visitor Center, Nature Shop and Exhibits
Visitor Center Hours:
- MARCH-NOVEMBER: Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
DECEMBER-FEBRUARY: Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
We welcome visitors during business hours. However, please note from March through November before 1 p.m. on weekdays is peak season for school field trips and Camp Elachee weekly summer day camps.
- Holiday and Inclement Weather Closings: Posted by Date (see Calendar)
- Note to Self-Guided Groups: for your safety and to get the most out of your visit to Elachee, we request you call 770-535-1976 to schedule your visit.
Visitor Center/Exhibits Admission:
- $5 Per Adult and $3 Per Child (Ages 2 to 12 Years)
- Elachee Members FREE
- No Dogs Permitted on campus Monday through Friday.
Lake Lanier Aquatic Learning Center (LLALC) Program
River Forks Park, 3500 Keith Bridge Road, Gainesville, GA 30504
NOTE: This location for is for specific, scheduled LLACL School Field Trips and Elachee programs. DIRECTIONS, GOOGLE MAP
- Pets (including Dogs) are PROHIBITED Monday through Friday on the Elachee campus, on the Hiking Trails and in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve. This restriction is in place to protect school children visiting the campus and to comply with Elachee’s licensure requirements. NOTE: Dogs on leashes are welcome on Saturday and Sunday.
- No Smoking.
- No Bikes or Horses are permitted on the Hiking Trails.
- No Hunting or Fishing in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
- No collecting plants, animals, rocks or other natural materials from the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
- Please remove all pet waste.
- No Fishing at Chicopee Lake or in any Creeks in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.