Discover, Learn and Play
Elachee is an education and recreation hub for students, families and nature lovers.
Hiking Trails DETAILS ON TRAIL SYSTEM
- Trail Hours: Trails open daily to the public from 7 a.m. to dusk. Hikers may access trails from Elachee’s Visitor Center parking lot and overflow gravel lot, and the Elachee Aquatic Studies Center at Chicopee Lake.
- Parking Fee: All vehicles subject to the Chicopee Woods Area Park Commission parking fee (effective February 1, 2018). LEARN MORE
- No Dogs Weekdays. See details and additional trail restrictions below.
- Pack It In. Pack It Out. Leave No Trace.
Elachee Visitor Center, Nature Shop and Exhibits
Visitor Center Hours:
- Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Holiday and Inclement Weather Closings: Posted by Date (see Calendar)
- Note to Self-Guided Groups: for your safety and to get the most out of your visit to Elachee, we request you call 770-535-1976 to schedule your visit.
Admission: $5 Per Adult and $3 Per Child (Ages 2 to 12 Years) / Elachee Members FREE
Parking Fee: All vehicles subject to the Chicopee Woods Area Park Commission parking fee (effective February 1, 2018). LEARN MORE
Lake Lanier Aquatic Learning Center Program
This location for is for specific, scheduled School Field Trips and Elachee programs. Elachee registrar will confirm location and driving directions.
- Pets (including Dogs) are PROHIBITED Monday through Friday on the Elachee campus, on the Hiking Trails and in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve. This restriction is in place to protect school children visiting the campus and to comply with Elachee’s licensure requirements. NOTE: Dogs on leashes are welcome on Saturday and Sunday.
- No Smoking.
- No Bikes or Horses are permitted on the Hiking Trails.
- No Hunting or Fishing in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
- No collecting plants, animals, rocks or other natural materials from the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
- Please remove all pet waste.
- No Fishing at Chicopee Lake or in any Creeks in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.