Discover, Learn and Play
Elachee is an education and recreation hub for students, families and nature lovers.
PARKING FEE: All vehicles entering and parking in the Chicopee Woods Conservation Area are subject to the Chicopee Woods Area Park Commission parking fee. Daily parking fee is $5 per vehicle or $10 for 15-passenger vans and buses. Or, purchase a $50 annual parking pass. LEARN MORE
Chicopee Woods Hiking Trails DETAILS ON TRAIL SYSTEM
- Trail Hours: Trails open daily to the public from 7 a.m. to sunset. Hikers may access trails from Elachee’s Visitor Center parking lot and overflow gravel lot, and the Elachee Aquatic Studies Center at Chicopee Lake.
- No Dogs Monday through Friday. Details and other trail restrictions below.
- Pack It In. Pack It Out. Leave No Trace.
- Restrooms available only during open Elachee Visitor Center hours. HOURS (see below)
Business Office Hours
The Elachee Nature Science Center administrative office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Elachee Visitor Center, Nature Shop and Exhibits
Visitor Center Hours: Closed for admission November 22, 2020 through February 28, 2021. Weekday restroom access posted. Special events to be announced through this winter season.
- As of June 11, 2020 and until further notice, each visitor must wear a facemask at all times while inside the Visitor Center and Live Animal Exhibit.
- Each guest is subject to CDC social distancing guidelines and should follow instructions posted throughout the Visitor Center.
Admission for Visitor Center and Exhibits:
- $5 Per Adult and $3 Per Child (Ages 2 to 12 Years)
- Elachee Members FREE
- No Dogs Permitted on campus Monday through Friday.
- Restrooms available when open (see hours posted above).
Lake Lanier Aquatic Learning Center (LLALC) Program
River Forks Park, 3500 Keith Bridge Road, Gainesville, GA 30504
NOTE: This location for is for specific, scheduled LLACL School Field Trips and Elachee programs. DIRECTIONS, GOOGLE MAP
- Pets (including Dogs) are PROHIBITED Monday through Friday on the Elachee campus, on the Hiking Trails and in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve (including holidays). This restriction is in place to protect school children visiting the campus and to comply with Elachee’s licensure requirements. NOTE: Dogs on physical leashes are welcome on Saturday and Sunday (eLeash is not recognized as a physical leash).
- No Smoking.
- No Bikes or Horses are permitted on the Hiking Trails.
- No Hunting or Fishing in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
- No collecting plants, animals, rocks or other natural materials from the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
- Please remove all pet waste.
- No Fishing at Chicopee Lake or in any Creeks in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.