Discover, Learn and Play
Elachee is an education and recreation hub for students, families and nature lovers.
PARKING FEE: All vehicles entering and parking in the Chicopee Woods Conservation Area are subject to the Chicopee Woods Area Park Commission parking fee. Daily parking fee is $5 per vehicle or $10 for 15-passenger vans and buses. Or, purchase a $50 annual parking pass. LEARN MORE
Chicopee Woods Hiking Trails DETAILS ON TRAIL SYSTEM
- Trail Hours: Trails open daily to the public from 7 a.m. to sunset. Hikers may access trails from Elachee’s Visitor Center parking lot and overflow gravel lot, and the Elachee Aquatic Studies Center at Chicopee Lake.
- Pack It In. Pack It Out. Leave No Trace.™
- No Dogs or Pets Permitted
- Restrooms may be available to the public during open Elachee Visitor Center hours.
Elachee Business Office Hours
The Elachee Nature Science Center administrative office is open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Elachee Visitor Center, Nature Shop and Exhibits
Elachee Visitor Center Seasonal Hours:
Closed WEEKDAYS for admission November 22, 2020 through February 28, 2021. Weekday restroom access posted.
Discovery Saturdays at Elachee will take place each Saturday in January and February 2021. The Elachee Visitor Center and Exhibits will be open for admission from 9 to 5. Special activities, by date, may require registration. SEE CALENDAR
- Each visitor must wear a facemask at all times while inside the Visitor Center and Live Animal Exhibit.
- Each guest is subject to CDC social distancing guidelines and should follow instructions posted throughout the Visitor Center.
Admission for Visitor Center and Exhibits:
- $5 Per Adult and $3 Per Child (Ages 2 to 12 Years)
- Elachee Members FREE
- No Dogs or Pets Permitted on campus.
- Restrooms available when open (see hours posted above).
Lake Lanier Aquatic Learning Center (LLALC) Program
River Forks Park, 3500 Keith Bridge Road, Gainesville, GA 30504
NOTE: This location for is for specific, scheduled LLACL School Field Trips and Elachee programs. DIRECTIONS, GOOGLE MAP
- No Dogs or Pets permitted in the Chicopee Woods Conservation Area (including parking lots, hiking trails and the Elachee Nature Science Center campus)
- No Smoking.
- No Bikes or Horses are permitted on the Hiking Trails.
- No Hunting or Fishing in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
- No collecting plants, animals, rocks or other natural materials from the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
- No Fishing at Chicopee Lake or in any Creeks in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.