What Sets Apart the Nature Preschool
Elachee's Nature Preschool curriculum is designed to ignite each student’s sense of wonder. We focus on the children’s interests. This helps them internalize information and makes it more meaningful to them.
Our experienced teachers integrate these (and more) teaching strategies into their daily lessons.
- Providing a supportive, safe learning environment to encourage discovery and experimentation;
- Offering sensory opportunities with live animals, natural objects, artifacts, trail games, outdoor exploration and creative arts activities;
- Stimulating cognitive growth and problem-solving skills through hands-on activities, games and discovery-learning in nature;
- Developing physical motor skills through active learning and play;
- Cultivating social skills and positive self-image through group play and cooperative learning;
- Nurturing self-expression, creativity and reflection; and-
- Instilling respect and appreciation for the natural world.
Elachee's Nature Preschool Curriculum
We follow the Creative Curriculum® model emphasizing purposeful and productive play experiences that help children grow in a holistic way – physically, emotionally, socially and intellectually.
Our students become confident, curious learners who are ready for kindergarten.
- They can be part of a group.
- They can follow directions.
- They can take turns with materials and games.
Daily Activities Include:
Elachee Nature Academy Discipline Policy
We use a positive discipline approach to behavior management – transforming conflict into a learning opportunity. This allows children to solve their own problems with the guidance and modeling of our experienced teachers. The result is children learn self-regulation that, in turn, integrates social/emotional learning and discipline.