The Parent Buzz
Pay Student Tuition and Fees
Each online payment requires a corresponding invoice number, as provided to you by the Elachee Nature Academy Director of Schools. Please call 770-535-1976 or SEND A MESSAGE with questions about your Elachee Nature Academy student’s account.
We Ask Each Family to:
- Attend the July Parent Orientation (without your student present) to meet the staff and see what’s in store for your child.
- Attend Elachee Nature Academy (ENA) family activities and Elachee seasonal public programs.
- Volunteer at Elachee.
- Options include serving on planning committees or help on event days for Elachee’s seasonal public programs, such as Trillium Trek Trail Run, Snake Day and more!
- Serve on the volunteer host committee for Elachee’s annual fundraiser, Flights of Fancy.
- Join the weekly Trail Crew, become a Trail Steward or ask to be added to the call list for special projects at the Nature Center.
- Participate in the semi-annual parent/teacher conferences (October and April).
- Read the flyers your child brings home and the eNewsletters the Elachee organization and the ENA Director of Schools sends.
Video: One Parent’s Perspective
Jason Everett, parent of a former Elachee Nature Academy student, shares his perspective and his family’s experience with this nature-based education program. WATCH VIDEO
Parents Share Their Children’s Nature School Experiences
Read the January 2017 Atlanta Parent Magazine article featuring Elachee Nature Academy.
- “My daughter spent 3 happy years at Elachee Nature Academy. She is now 7 and cares deeply for the earth and the way we treat it. She loves bugs, trees, lizards and snakes because Elachee helped bring that wonder into her world every day. We would have stayed forever if it were possible and would do it again in a hearbeat!” #bestschoolever
- “The Elachee Nature Preschool program has been incredible for our son. He loves all the time outdoors and for being so high energy, this has been a great fit for him. We started with the 2-day program, but after 2 weeks he was begging to go more. The teachers are so kind and understanding to his personality. My son wants to go every day. We are so thankful to have found this option for our family.”
- “Elachee Nature Academy is a wonderful experience. We moved here this year and were thrilled to find a program that focuses on nature and experiential learning! Our son is thriving, making great friends and learning so much. If we could keep him there through college we would.”
- “Nothing feels better than seeing your child excited to go to school.”
- “We COULD NOT be happier with Elachee Nature Academy. Most kids only get this kind of hands on learning one time a year on a field trip.”
- “I am delighted my children have a place where they learn the out-of-doors are not only places to be studied and appreciated, but places of adventure, fun, learning and laughter.”
- “My child comes home talking about animals, dreams of being a policeman, and most recently branched out and tried (eating) a cucumber (something I can’t get him to do), while singing songs of red shoes and groovy buttons.”
- “I love the method of teaching and how my son is getting to learn in such a different and effective way! Next year we are beyond excited because he will continue at Elachee.”
- “We love to go for nature walks and explore. When at a park or camping my child says, ‘Mom let's go on an adventure and see what we can find.’”
- “I love this program for my grandchildren. It is excellent. We live on a farm and it is so important that our young people learn about nature in an outdoor and indoor classroom environment.”
- “We LOVE ‘bug’ school. Our daughter has blossomed into such a talkative, adventurous little girl since she started. Her zest for the outdoors has jumped off the charts.”
- “I learn from my child every day, and watching her growing appreciation of nature has inspired me.”