Kids’ Bird Art Contest
Elachee Nature Science Center is adding an interactive dimension to the 2021 Great Backyard Bird Count experience by asking local children and youth citizen scientists to submit bird artwork. Contest will end February 14, 2021 at 11:59 p.m. and winners will be announced February 15. Elachee will name two age category winners: a 10 and Under winner and an 11-17 winner.
Eligibility: Artwork Only Accepted from Individuals Age 17 and Younger
Frequency: Submit no more than one (1) scanned or photographed piece of art per Child/Youth Artist per day starting Monday, February 8 to Sunday, February 14, 2021. Use #elacheebirdartcontest and email submission to elachee@elacheeorg.
Bird Art Contest Rules
- Submission(s) must be original artwork created solely by an Child/Youth Artist age 17 or younger.
- Submit as a high-resolution scan or photo of the artwork.
- Artwork must show a bird or multiple birds.
- Artwork media may be:
- 2-dimensional on canvas or paper using pen, pencil, markers, paint, charcoal, pastels or mixed media, or
- 3-dimensional creations
- Submission must include contact information for the Child/Youth Artist’s parent/guardian.
For each artwork submission, please include the following information:
- Child/Youth Artist’s First and Last Name
- Child/Youth Artist’s City of Residence
- Parent/Guardian’s First and Last Name
- Parent/Guardian’s Preferred Phone Number
- Parent/Guardian’s Photographer’s Email
- Bird Species (if known)
- Please include the following statement: “By entering the Elachee Nature Science Center bird art contest, I (insert Child/Youth Artist’s first and last name) agree that artwork submitted can be used by Elachee Nature Science Center, in Gainesville, Georgia, for advertising and/or marketing purposes.”
- AND, if possible, attach a photograph of the Child/Youth Artist with the art.
- Email artwork submission to firstname.lastname@example.org with the above information included.
Category winners will receive a certificate and goody bag from the Elachee Nature Shop.