Camp Elachee Program Assistant (Seasonal)
Be the one to help children unplug and connect with nature this summer. If exploring the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve while teaching children about nature, getting muddy and acting a bit goofy sounds like your dream job, then joining the Camp Elachee 2019 team may be the job for you!
- Required: Some college experience.
Preferred: Candidates pursuing a degree in Science, Elementary Education or a related field.
- Experience working with children, preferably in an outdoor and/or group setting.
- Enthusiastic, creative and proactive individual with a proven ability to develop and lead lessons, and conduct games and activities in a collaborative work setting.
- Demonstrate leadership, responsibility, patience, dependability, independence, initiative and a positive attitude.
- Candidates subject to a Background Check and Drug Screening.
- Physical Requirements: Candidates should be able to hike a minimum of two (2) miles per day on uneven terrain and to comfortably work outside for extended periods in the summer heat and rain.
Pre-Camp Planning with Camp Elachee Director:
- Assist in creating age-specific, themed and general activities for counselor use.
- Plan one (1) theme-related activity for all age groups for each camp week.
- Plan activities for after camp child care program.
- Plan morning assemblies.
- Assist in Camp Elachee marketing efforts.
During Camp Elachee, the Program Assistant will be expected to:
- Follow all Camp Elachee Counselor roles and responsibilities.
Review Camp Elachee Counselor Job Description.
- Perform continuous program planning and preparation efforts for all camp activities.
- Run morning assemblies.
- Lead one (1), theme-related activity per camp week for all groups.
- Manage and create weekly camp awards and maintain points tracking.
- Serve as a mentor for Camp Elachee staff and Counselors-In-Training.
- Assist in purchasing camp supplies.
- Act as fill-in counselor when needed.
- Complete other additional duties assigned by the Camp Elachee Director.
2019 Work Schedule
- Required pre-planning work session: May 13-17, 2019 working directly with the Camp Elachee Director.
- Required Training: May 20-24, 2019
- Summer Camp: May 28, 2019 through July 26, 2019 (Monday-Friday)
We will observe Memorial Day, May 27 and Independence Day, July 4, 2019.
- Work Hours: 7:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Monday-Friday)
Program Assistant will be required to work occasional afternoons (until 5:30 p.m.) supervising the after camp child care program.
This is a paid, seasonal contract position offering $315-$355 per week. If selected for an interview, the Camp Elachee Director will discuss a specific pay rate, based upon previous work experience.
For consideration, please submit the following:
- Cover letter stating why you want to be a Camp Elachee Program Assistant.
- Three (3) Professional References
Must include reference’s Name, Title, Organization, Email, Phone.
Mail or Email Package
Mail Completed Package to:
Elachee Nature Science Center
ATTN: Mallory Pendleton, Camp Elachee Director
2125 Elachee Drive
Gainesville, GA 30504
Email Completed Package to email@example.com
Subject Line: Camp Elachee Program Assistant Position Inquiry