Flights of Fancy Highlights
The 2017 Flights of Fancy Benefit & Auction was great fun and a resounding success to further Elachee’s ability to reach and teach individuals in this community.
A capacity crowd of Elachee friends and new acquaintances gathered Friday evening, April 28, 2017, on the Nature Center’s outdoor patio for a beautiful evening among the trees. This spring event is Elachee’s primary annual fundraiser and featured a farm-to-table dinner along with incredible nature-inspired silent and live auctions.
Save the Date: Saturday, May 5, 2018, 2018 Flights of Fancy
Thanks to the generous financial support from event sponsors (see below), combined with Elachee Annual Corporate Sponsorships, individual event ticket and auction item sales, the Nature Center raised over $107,800.00 at the 2017 Flights of Fancy!
Thank you! This collective support is critically necessary, directly impacting Elachee’s important nature education and conservation efforts for the next 12 months.
“Getting to mingle, eat and enjoy friends under the sky at Elachee makes this event very unique,” confides Allyson Everett, also serving on the Flights of Fancy host committee. “After going to Flights of Fancy for the first time a few years ago, it is a fundraiser I always look forward to attending. Our daughter attended Preschool at Elachee Nature Academy, and our kids continue to be inspired from their field trips each school year to Elachee. We are lucky to have Elachee in our backyard and love supporting their programs and growth.”
Event Co-Chair and Elachee Trustee Dr. Jane White shares, “The great thing about Flights is that it’s like Elachee – all about the outdoors and celebrating creativity. It’s so different from other fund raising events. You can come out to support nature education and as a bonus, find a one-of-a-kind gift!”
Fund the Need
“We also are delighted to report that the 37 individual gifts made in response to the Fund the Need appeal at this year’s Flights of Fancy met goal for Elachee’s School Programs Scholarship Fund,” says Kim Marks, Elachee’s Director of Development and Communications. “We will use these vital funds, in combination with foundation grant awards, for needs based financial aid to offset a portion of per student field trip program fees for eligible K-12 schools throughout north Georgia, as well as needs based financial aid to assist Elachee Nature Academy students with annual tuition.”
Special Thanks to Elachee’s Sponsors and Host Committee
Elachee Nature Science Center is proud to acknowledge the many sponsors whose financial support made the 2017 Flights of Fancy possible.
- Elachee Annual Corporate Sponsors Cargill Inc., Mike and Robbie McCormac, Smith Gilliam Williams & Miles PA, Walters Management Company and Willis Investment Counsel
- Hickory Event Sponsor Murrayville Veterinary Clinic
- Beech Event Sponsors Big Creek Foods, Brand Properties, Brenau University, Gainesville Flooring, Steve and Gale McKibbon, Northeast Georgia Medical Center, Tom and Sally Oliver and Turner Wood & Smith Insurance
- Dogwood Event Sponsors Alexander Almand & Bangs LLP, Gainesville Motorsports, Dallas and Bobby Gay, Jock and Joyce Hornor, Chestnut Mountain Logistics, Memorial Park Funeral Homes & Cemeteries, South State Bank, Stewart Melvin & Frost, The Longstreet Clinic PC, University of North Georgia and Whitehead Die Casting
- Maple Event Sponsors BB&T, Jack and Leslie Chapman, Liza and Ronny Chapman, Chattahoochee Bank of Georgia, Corso Law Center, Gainesville Urology, Hamilton State Bank, Left Nut Brewing Co., Attorney Kyle M. Moore, Pete and Martha Nesbitt, Rushton & Company and The Norton Agency
The Elachee organization is grateful for the tireless energy of its 2017 Flights of Fancy Co-Chairs Dr. Jane White and Cindy Gay, and the Host Committee: Jennie Clayton, Cathy Cobb, Allyson Everett, Sybil Hall-Beheler, Jock Hornor, Robbie McCormac, Abby Murray, Sally Oliver, Breanne Patterson, Brandi Paul and Morgan Wood.
On May 4, 2017, Elachee representatives presented Gainesville Middle School art student Shayty Mateos with her framed original illustration which was chosen for the 2017 Flights of Fancy invitation.
Please enjoy the photo gallery above, courtesy of photographer Jennie Clayton.