- This event has passed.
First Day 2022 Guided Hike
January 1, 2022 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Start 2022 on the Right Foot
Join Us for a 3-Mile Guided Hike in Chicopee Woods
Registration Required. Limited to 20 Participants.
Go To Registration
FREE 3-mile guided hike on the Bridge Loop in the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve. This environmental education activity is best suited for adults and families with children ages 8 and older.
This trail is a moderate-difficulty loop that crosses through diverse Piedmont forest types with five bridged stream crossings, including the 140-ft. suspension bridge.
Meet at 9:45 a.m. in the upper gravel parking lot on Elachee Drive at the trail head (immediately across the bridge).
- Bring Water for Each Hiker
- Dress for the Weather Conditions
- No Strollers
- No Dogs or Pets allowed as part of this hike.
- All vehicles entering and parking in the Chicopee Woods Conservation Area are subject to the Chicopee Woods Area Park Commission parking fee. Daily parking fee is $5 per vehicle or $10 for 15-passenger vans and buses.
- Covid-19 Preparedness Policy: For the health of our community and to protect those most vulnerable in our lives, Elachee recommends that all visitors follow CDC guidance with regard to wearing masks.