- This event has passed.
2023 Camp Elachee T-Shirt Design Contest
March 6 @ 8:00 am - April 1 @ 5:00 pm
Contest Opens: Monday, March 6
Contest Closes: Saturday, April 1
See contest rules and details below!
The contest is open to all prior and current Camp Elachee registrants, ages 4-16, as well as all current Elachee Nature Academy students.
- Must be a current resident of the United States (Alaska and Hawaii not permitted).
- One entry per child.
- Please submit the entry on a piece of unlined, white paper, or in a digital format as a jpeg or pdf.
- Artwork should be 100% original and created by the child, and not copied from a previous camp t-shirt design or any other summer camp’s designs.
- All entries must incorporate the words ‘Camp Elachee’ legibly in some way.
- Entries are encouraged to use elements of the natural world in the design, such as plants, trees, flowers, native wildlife, insects, etc. Aspects of summer camp can also be used as inspiration, like creek play, your favorite place on the Elachee grounds, or your favorite camp activity. Be creative and have fun!
- The t-shirt will be one solid color (yet to be determined) with one additional color for the design, so please keep this in mind.
- Entries can be hand drawn or computer graphics generated. If a computer graphics image is created, clip art or any other image cannot be used in the design unless it is created originally. No photos of any kind can be used.
- Please keep in mind that the designs will need to be transferred onto a t-shirt, therefore designs that are large, clear, and simple will transfer better than small, heavily detailed, or busy designs.
- Design entries will be evaluated and voted on by the Elachee administration staff. The author of the design will remain anonymous until the winning design is voted upon.
- The winning design will be announced the first week of April. The winner’s parents/guardians will be contacted directly before an official announcement is made.
To submit a design:
Entries can be mailed, dropped off at Elachee in person, or emailed.
- Mail to 2125 Elachee Drive Gainesville, Ga 30504 Attn: Maranda McGaha
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To drop off in person, please do so during our normal business hours at the address listed above, M-F 8 am-4 pm, and Saturdays 9 am-3 pm.
With your submission, please include the following information:
- Child’s name, age, grade level, and school
- What year(s) Camp Elachee was/will be attended by the child
- What inspired the child’s design
- Parent or guardians name, phone number, mailing address, and email address
- Please include the following statement: “I (artist’s name) created the attached t-shirt design as my own work of art. Elachee Nature Science Center has permission to use it on Camp Elachee t-shirts or other materials to promote Camp Elachee and Elachee Nature Science Center. I (parent/guardian name) give permission for my child to participate in this contest.”