Volunteer Trail Crew
Elachee’s natural resource volunteers contribute over 2,800 hours every year working on a variety of conservation projects. VOLUNTEERING AT ELACHEE
Elachee benefits from the time and talents of these committed individuals whose efforts make the Nature Center campus visually appealing, the hiking trails safe and accessible, and help us achieve specific conservation objectives within Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve.
Get Outside with Elachee
Elachee’s natural resources staff identifies projects, schedules and provides supervisory oversight for individual volunteers and groups seeking community service opportunities.
Ready to volunteer?
- Elachee Volunteer Application (Individuals)
- Elachee Volunteer Group Application (Corporate/School/Organization)
- Elachee Parent/Legal Guardian Consent Form (Minor-Age Volunteers)
- Scout Projects: Eagle or Gold Award (Contact Us to identify a suitable project)
A Match Made Outside
Seasonally, the Elachee natural resources staff accepts applications for long-term volunteers to join a dedicated team that performs routine conservation, preservation and preserve maintenance activities. We will post opportunities as they arise.
- Trail Crew performs conservation and trail maintenance activities within the Chicopee Woods Nature Preserve. We’ll supply the tools and training. You bring water, lunch, gloves and rain gear.
- Trail Stewards walk the trails to share information with visiting hikers, monitor the trails and collect data.
- Garden Crew helps maintain Elachee’s grounds.
Individuals who complete 16 hours of documented volunteer work at Elachee Nature Science Center may receive a complimentary CWAPC Annual Parking Pass.
To be eligible for this program, you must contact the Elachee Community Relations Manager by calling 770-535-1976 or SEND A MESSAGE. Upon approval, you will receive instructions and a tracking form to log your volunteer hours. After you have completed 16 hours of volunteer work, as directed and approved by the Elachee Community Relations Manager, return the completed form to receive a CWAPC Annual Parking Pass.