Counselors-in-Training Leadership Program
Who better to carry on the Camp Elachee tradition than former campers? We offer the perfect opportunity for middle and high school students to gain leadership and team-building skills. Come back as a Junior or a Senior Counselor-In-Training (CIT).
Supervised by the Camp Director and mentored by the Program Assistant and Camp Counselors, CITs will learn the skills needed to work with children in a camp setting. Limited spots are available each week!
Once accepted and registered, CITs will be assigned a camp group with which they will assist throughout the week. CITs will help Camp Counselors provide activities to campers in a safe and well-supervised environment while also learning and practicing new leadership skills. Note: All applicants will be interviewed.
Junior Counselors-In-Training Leadership Program
- ELIGIBILITY: Teens entering 7th and 8th grade.
- HOURS: Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., for the registered camp week session.
- PROGRAM FEE: $150 per camp week, per CIT with optional weekly after camp care at $60 per week, per CIT.
Senior Counselors-In-Training Leadership Program
- ELIGIBILITY: Teens entering 9th through 12th grade.
- HOURS: Must work a minimum of two (2) camp weeks. Weekly work schedule is Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- PROGRAM FEE: $60 for entire summer, per CIT.
- REQUIRED TRAINING: Must participate in one (1) training day. This training will take place before the first scheduled summer day camp work week.
CIT Application: Deadline May 1, 2019 or Earlier
- Junior C.I.T Program: Job Description and Application DOWNLOAD
- Senior C.I.T. Program: Job Description and Application DOWNLOAD
For consideration, complete and return the C.I.T. Program application.
Email completed application package to email@example.com or mail to:
Camp Elachee Director
2125 Elachee Drive
Gainesville, GA 30504