Who better to carry on the Camp Elachee tradition than former campers? We offer the perfect solution! Come back as a Junior or Senior Counselor-in-Training (C.I.T.).
Junior C.I.T. Program: Teens in middle school, entering grades 7 and 8
Senior C.I.T. Program: Teens in high school, entering grades 9-12
- Must work a minimum of two (2) camp weeks, Monday-Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Will be required to participate in one (1) training day. This training will take place before the first scheduled summer day camp work week.
C.I.T. Application and Interview
The Camp Elachee Director will schedule an interview with prospective C.I.T.’s.
- Junior C.I.T Program REGISTRATION DETAILS TO COME
- Senior C.I.T. Program REGISTRATION DETAILS TO COME
- C.I.T.’s will report to and work under the direction of the Camp Director.
- C.I.T.’s will exhibit high energy and enthusiasm.
- C.I.T.’s will work closely with the Camp Counselors to provide younger children with valuable summer experiences, to stimulate curiosity about the natural world, encourage exploration and discovery, and promote a love of and respect for the outdoors through experiential activities.
- Follow all safety procedures to ensure the safety of all campers and staff.
- Assess and respond to the needs of each camper.
- Work as a team with other Elachee staff members.
- Maintain good communication with Elachee staff as to early pick-ups, and other special needs or circumstances.
- Assist in taking attendance and ensuring that all campers in his/her group are well supervised and within sight or sound of a staff person at all times.
- Arrive at Elachee on time and stay, as needed, to make necessary preparations for the next day.
- Maintain the facilities, equipment and supplies in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assist instructors with daily education, craft and recreation activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Camp Director.